There are many ways to publicize and promote Wrongful Conviction Day. These are 10 possibilities:
- Read the CPI Report, Roadmap for Prosecutor Reform.
- Visit the National Registry of Exonerations and make a list of all the wrongful convictions that have occurred in your state.
- Make a sign that says, “Honk for Justice. End Wrongful Convictions,” and wave it at drivers during morning rush hour.
- Contact a local newspaper to write an article about Wrongful Conviction Day.
- Call the dean at the local law school and ask for a list of courses that specifically address the importance of the presumption of innocence.
- Hold a meeting with your local District Attorney to discuss setting up a Conviction Integrity Unit.
- Attend a political rally or townhall meeting. Ask candidates for their views how to stop wrongful convictions.
- Contact state lawmakers about introducing a bill to strengthen ethical conduct by prosecutors.
- “Follow” the CPI Twitter page: https://twitter.com/prosecutorinteg, and use the Twitter handle, #WrongfulConvictionDay.
- Come to Washington, DC for the CPI lobbying event, October 3-4.