The Innocence Quilt
Recognizing the Falsely Accused and Wrongly Convicted
The CPI Innocence Quilt is designed to recognize persons who have been wrongfully convicted, and to support efforts across the nation to restore the presumption of innocence. To add a name or message to a quilt, or to sponsor an entire quilt, see below.
A. Click below to see current quilts:
- Persons Exonerated of Child Sexual Abuse
- Texas Men Exonerated of Sexual Assault
- Persons Falsely Accused of Domestic Violence
- Men Wrongly Accused of Rape
B. How to sponsor a square or an entire quilt:
1. Write the message exactly as you want it to appear on the quilt. The message can be any name, initials, or other words, up to 30 characters long. Messages may not include the name of the false accuser or representatives of the criminal justice system. If you don’t want to publish a specific name, write something like, ”From a Friend.”
2. Your generous contribution will help us publicize the Innocence Quilt and expand our efforts to restore the presumption of innocence! Suggested minimum amount: $25.
To Donate By Check: Make your check payable to Center For Prosecutor Integrity and send to P.O. Box 1221, Rockville, MD 20849. Enclose your message with the check.
To Donate Via PayPal: Click on the Donate button below. After you enter the amount of your contribution and click the Donate Now button, then push the button that says, ‘Add special instructions to the seller’ and enter your Innocence Quilt message there.
3. If you are unable to make a financial contribution, we are still happy to add your message to the quilt. Send to the CPI Innocence Quilt, P.O. Box 1221, Rockville, MD 20849.
4. To get information on sponsoring an entire quilt, or for other questions, please email CPI.
Stop Abusive and Violent Environments (SAVE) is a 501c3 tax-deductible organization.